With our Peer Support service, you can meet with a peer mentor who is also living with HIV and understands the struggles of what a diagnosis can be.
Our peer mentors are trained volunteers who can meet with you on a regular basis one-to-one. They are there to be a listening ear, share experiences and discuss coping strategies with you, after all they are also living with HIV and so understand what you may be going through.
“Having a safe place & someone to talk to, unload & connect with has been invaluable for me, my personality has come back.”
For example, our peer mentors can support you in:
- Coming to terms with your diagnosis
- Increasing your knowledge about HIV
- Starting or changing treatment
- How to manage side-effects
- Getting the most out of your clinical appointments
- If, when and how to share your status with people
- Managing relationships
If you think talking to someone who has been through what you are experiencing would help, please contact us.
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Mentor, please contact us.
Brigstowe’s One-to-one Peer Support Service is part of a national HIV peer support network: Project 100.