Please see information below on Recruitment.
WEBSITE DEVELOPER –New website commission for Common Ambition Bristol project
Common Ambition Bristol (CAB) is a major 3-year community powered project led by Brigstowe and African Voices Forum working with the African and Caribbean heritage communities in Bristol to increase HIV testing, reduce stigma and generally improve sexual health.
We are now in the 2nd year of the project and are at the exciting stage of developing a website.
The aim of the website is to give relevant communities a place to come with questions, queries and be signposted to interventions or services where needed. It will also be a key channel to enable us to raise awareness about the project and what we do. The main audience of the website will be people of African and Caribbean heritage.
We are therefore seeking interest from companies / competent freelance individuals who would like to work with us to develop this new website. Please see the website specification which outlines the goals, objectives and design of the website as well as the CAB Brand Guidelines. Our budget is approximately £3000.
- Closing date to submit proposal 9am Friday 4th February
- Successful candidates to pitch Monday 14th February on Zoom
- Timeframe of building website: 21th February – 4th March
- Pre live review and edits: 7th March – 25th March
- Website to go live: Monday 28th March
We are looking for a website developer who can commit to the dates above.
Common Ambition Bristol is keen to maintain a sense of community when creating this website in the spirit of the rest of the project. As such the developers should also have a passion for diversity, equal opportunities and either be of African or Caribbean heritage or have strong links with African and Caribbean heritage communities.
If you are interested in carrying out this exciting piece of work please register your interest and send a proposal to Aisha Namurach at email@example.com by the closing date above. Your proposal should include:
- an initial quote on the costs of developing the new site based on our specification and including costs to ‘dress’ the site
- delivery timelines (and whether you can meet the timelines above)
- your project management and design approach
- initial visuals of what the website could look like
- how you will work with us to incorporate user testing of the site
- any additional cost/packages for ongoing support (up to 2 years). This is likely to be technical support and some editorial content support
- examples of previous work
If you would like more information please get in touch with Aisha Namurach on 0117 9555038 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Peer Partnership is looking for Long COVID Peer Support Volunteers
The COVID-19 worldwide pandemic is the defining event of the 2020s. Although for most people who have contracted COVID-19 a full recovery has been possible, around 1 in 5 continue to have symptoms of the illness well beyond the expected recovery time.
Long COVID causes symptoms including excessive fatigue, “brain-fog “, breathlessness, anxiety, and muscle aches, which can considerably impact the ability of those living with them to manage everyday tasks.
In Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire there are estimated to be 18,000 people with Long COVID. With so many people experiencing issues around health and wellbeing with the condition, The Peer Partnership and Sirona are opening a peer support service to help people improve knowledge, confidence and ability to self-manage their condition.
We will be providing Long COVID workshops and group peer support sessions for those living with Long COVID, and we need people living with Long COVID to facilitate these sessions. In this role you will be:
- Co-Facilitating workshops alongside health care professionals, providing people recently diagnosed with Long COVID with information about the condition and helping them to understand how to manage it independently.
- Facilitating group peer support sessions. With training and support, you will provide a welcoming and supportive space for people to share their experiences of living with long COVID, condition management and encourage wellbeing.
What we are looking for?
You do not need to know everything about long COVID it’s your personal experience and enthusiasm to help others in the same situation we value.
If you are…
- Living with Long COVID in Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire
- Available for an average of 2 hours a week (various times available including daytime, evenings, and weekends)
- Believe that people can be the experts of their own condition
…we are looking for you to support this program and help people like you feel less isolated and more confident in living with Long COVID.
We will provide:
- Full peer support training
- Professional supervision
- Ongoing development
If you would like to apply for this role, please read through our role description below and complete our volunteer application form. Not sure if this role is for you or would like more information? Contact Hope at 01179555038 or email@example.com.
Applications will close for this round of
About The Peer Partnership
The Peer Partnership’s aim is to promote the welfare and wellbeing of people living with long-term physical or mental health conditions and/or protected characteristics in Bristol and the surrounding areas. Through its parent organisation, Brigstowe, The Peer Partnership has a long history of service user involvement and has developed a wide range of peer support services including peer mentoring; recently diagnosed groups; social events and skills workshops.
Brigstowe are recruiting HIV Peer Support Volunteers
Are you living with HIV and want to help someone newly diagnosed or struggling with their diagnosis?
We are looking for volunteers to join our HIV peer mentoring service.
As a Peer Support Volunteer, you’ll receive training and ongoing support, develop your HIV knowledge, and meet other people living with HIV.
We have a small, confidential community of volunteers supporting people to live well with their HIV diagnosis. If you’d like to join us, please read the role description and complete the application form as soon as possible.
Brigstowe are a Bristol based HIV support charity. We support people living with HIV and other long term health conditions in Bristol and the surrounding areas and have been doing so for 25 years.
Hours: 4-8 hours per month
Closing date: Tuesday 30th November at 5pm
Interview date: Friday 3rd December or Wednesday 8th December
Brigstowe is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion. We welcome applicants with the appropriate skills of any background or identity.
If you would like to know more about the role, have any question or would help completing the form please call our office on 0117 955 5038 and ask to speak with Clare.
Please read the Peer Support Volunteer Role Description for more information. To apply for this role, please complete our Volunteer Application Form (including the Equal Opportunities section).