Brigstowe has 1 paid role and 1 volunteer opportunity at the moment. Please see below more information.
Brigstowe are Recruiting an Intensive Support Worker
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is unemployed or underemployed to gain paid experience and leadership development, working for a local HIV charity.
You will join Brigstowe’s Advice and Support team, providing outreach support to people living with HIV who are struggling with their diagnosis including having difficulty attending appointments and/or taking medication as prescribed. You will provide holistic support to enable your clients to move forward in their lives and live well with HIV.
- You will be currently unemployed or underemployed
- This is a 12-month entry level role starting at the beginning of January 2022
- The role is full-time (37 hours per week)- job share is not suitable
- You will be paid at the Real Living Wage rate. You will be required to travel and stay in accommodation for leadership days and conferences (Covid-19 restrictions allowing)
- If successful at the interview, there will be a second interview with The Rank Foundation in November 2021.
- You will be expected to take part in a number of leadership days and conferences dedicated to your professional development. Travel and overnight stays will be part of the programme and therefore we ask you to consider this when applying.
- You should be based within reasonable traveling distance of Brigstowe.
Salary: Living Wage Foundation Rate (currently £9.50 per hour)
– reviewed if the role is extended beyond the initial 12 months
Hours: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract: 12 months
Closing date: Monday, 1st November 2021 9am
1st Interview date: Thursday 4th November 2021
2nd Interview date: Between 8th and 19th Nov 2021 (exact date to be confirmed)
Brigstowe is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion. We welcome applicants with the appropriate skills of any background or identity. We particularly welcome applications from people living with HIV who will be well placed to understand the challenges and emotions that people struggling with their HIV diagnosis may be experiencing.
If you have any questions, will also be holding a Q&A session:
-Thursday 21st October between 1-2pm on Zoom. Please register on Eventbrite here if you would like to attend, please leave your email address so we can send you a zoom link. If you do not feel comfortable in a group setting or are unable to attend and have questions and/or would like to request a brief 1:1. Contact Jodie via email@example.com.
For more Information about the role/How to apply, please see below Job Advert and the Job Description.
Brigstowe are Recruiting an Admin Volunteer
Brigstowe are looking for an Admin Volunteer to support our Office Manager one day per week.
The role will include:
- Peer Support Group Admin– calling members of the group, recording attendance and feedback
- General office admin
- Answering/making phone calls and referring to colleagues
You will be working in the office alongside our committed and supportive staff team. You will be supervised and supported by Brigstowe’s full-time Office Manager. Full induction will be provided as well as ongoing training opportunities. In return, we require a minimum commitment of six months.
The role would suit someone with some admin experience, who is comfortable with IT.
Brigstowe are a Bristol based HIV support charity. We support people living with HIV and other long term health conditions in Bristol and the surrounding areas and have been doing so for 25 years.
Hours: One day a week
Closing date: Monday, 8th November 2021, 9am
Interview date: Thursday, 11th November 2021
Brigstowe is committed to reducing inequality, valuing diversity and enabling inclusion. We welcome applicants with the appropriate skills of any background or identity.
If you would like to know more about the role please call our office number 0117 955 5038 and ask to speak with Sofia.
Please see below the Admin Volunteer Job Description. To apply for this role, please complete our Volunteer Application and Equal Opportunities Form and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.