We are funded by MAC Aids Fund to support migrants and asylum seekers who are living with or affected by HIV.
If you have no recourse to public funds we can give advice and information on issues including housing, finance, community care, legal services, education and training, and charges for care.
We can also offer you practical and emotional support. The support we provide is flexible and dependent on your needs.
- We can give you advice on housing and homelessness. You may need help with private housing or, if you are an asylum seeker, applying for housing and financial support that is available from the Home Office.
- If you have personal care needs then you may be entitled to help from social services and we can help you access a social services assessment.
- We are able to apply for charitable grants to help you with essential costs if you are on a low income.
- We have good links with other local refugee organisations providing advice, counselling and financial help if you are destitute.
- If you have the right to work, then we can help with employment issues. We can also support you to access voluntary work or training courses.
- We can support you to manage your physical and mental health.
- If your immigration status in the UK is extended to allow you to have recourse to public funds, we can help you to access social housing, welfare benefits, employment or education.
This is a completely free and confidential service.